Insuring your Porsche.
- If you are lucky enough to own a Porsche, you know car insurance is unlikely to come dirt cheap. But that does not mean you have to settle for any old price you are given. Certainly not – the same rules of calculating and comparing car insurance apply whether you are insuring a Porsche or a Fiat Panda.
- In general, getting car insurance on a high-performance sports vehicle like a Porsche is pretty straightforward. Of course, there are firms who specialise in insuring cars of this breed, and you may find these are your best port of call when it comes to getting cover on your Porsche.
- However, there are times when getting car insurance on vehicles like a Porsche could prove difficult. A 17-year-old who has just passed his driving licence is going to find the price astronomical if he tries to go it alone on his own car insurance. Although any 17-year-old that can afford a car like that can obviously afford the insurance too – or his parents can.
- Other things like speeding convictions may come into play in deciding on the price of car insurance for a Porsche. Insurance companies may take a dim view of someone with nine points on their licence for speeding getting behind the wheel of a high-performance sports car like a Porsche. Then there may be an issue over where the car is kept. An insurer will bump its price up if you keep the car in a public car park across the road from your house. However, keep the Porsche safely tucked up in the garage or resting peacefully on a private drive right outside your door and they may relax a little on the cost.
- The best way to go about
finding the cheapest car insurance for a Porsche is to do it online. Many comparison websites will be able to take information for a Porsche and come back with a number of quotes for you to choose from.
- Calculating your car insurance on a Porsche before purchasing one is probably a good idea. You can work out the best deal before making that important deal when you actually buy the car. Otherwise you may have a shock when you check out the prices – and it could be too late when the car is already sitting prettily on the drive outside.
- As well as calculating your car insurance online, you could ask friends or whoever you buy the Porsche from who they would recommend as the best or cheapest car insurer. Word of mouth is worth a lot when it comes to something like this.
- All in all the best advice is to shop around.
Get your details on a comparison website and see what figures it throws up. Check out the excess amount you would have to pay if something did happen too. Then once you’re covered enjoy driving your fabulous sports car – you lucky thing!